Craniosacral Policies & Procedures
It is the intention of Organic Mechanics to provide guests with a professional and therapeutic session. The following policies and procedures serve as a guide for first-time and regular craniosacral guests of Organic Mechanics.
At Organic Mechanics, it's understood that unanticipated events occur in everyone’s life. Unforeseen events such as car problems, traffic considerations, business meetings, and project deadlines, are just a few reasons why one might consider canceling an appointment.
In our commitment to provide a unique and outstanding experience to all clients and out of consideration for the therapists’ time, the following policies have been adopted:
ARRIVAL TO YOUR SESSION- Please arrive for your appointment 10 minutes prior to the scheduled starting time. This allows you the time to fill out the appropriate client form (new clients), change and prepare for the service. All sessions have a specific time schedule and early arrival allows for a relaxed and unhurried experience.
If late arrival is inevitable, your service(s) may be shortened in order to keep on schedule. The original treatment time will be charged.
APPOINTMENT INFORMATION- Cancellations made less than 24 hours before the scheduled appointment time will be charged half price of all services booked. No shows, appointments cancelled upon arrival, and appointments cancelled within less than an hour of the scheduled appointment time will be charged in full for all services booked.
LATE ARRIVAL POLICY- Please call at 737-222-0440 if you’re running late. In order to remain on schedule for all clients, we may shorten your service time if you are late for your appointment. The regular service price will apply.
Other Craniosacral Policies
Prior to each craniosacral session, the treatment plan will be discussed with you. At your first visit, you will be presented a copy of the craniosacral policies and will be asked to sign the consent stating that you have read the information, understand it, and agree to comply with the professional craniosacral therapy policies and procedures. Clients who have not had an appointment for at least a year will also be asked to fill out this form.
SCOPE OF PRACTICE
- Organic Mechanics therapists are licensed professionals and held to the highest standards of the American Massage Therapy Association.
- Craniosacral Therapy is a profession in which the practitioner applies manual techniques, and may apply adjunctive therapies, with the intention of positively affecting the health and well-being of the client.
- Craniosacral practioners do not diagnose or prescribe for medical conditions nor are they allowed to provide treatment for a specific condition without a doctor’s supervision. The craniosacral practioner is required to refer you for diagnosis and to follow recommendations of your physician.
RESPECT FOR CLIENT NEEDS AND BOUNDARIES
- Organic Mechanics craniosacral therapists are happy to adjust pressure, temperature, musical volume, work longer on an area or move on if you request it.
- The client may choose to leave on as much clothing as needed for comfort, refuse any craniosacral methods, stop the session at any time and are free to leave; the therapy door is never locked.
- The client will always be modestly clothed. The clients will be kept informed of the area to be treated.
- Requests for sexual activity will not be tolerated, will be viewed as solicitation, and reported to the proper authorities under the guidelines of the massage therapy policies and procedures. The client will not be rescheduled if this occurs.
- The genital area will not be treated under any circumstances. Also, low back, hip & gluteal area will be treated only with permission and will be worked through the draping.
- Sexual interaction or discussion of any kind between the client and the craniosacral therapist is NEVER appropriate.
- We do not massage anyone under the age of 18 unless the parent or guardian is in the room and signs their form.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND CONVERSATION
- The discussion between the craniosacral practioner and the client is confidential. The client may or may not choose to talk during the session.
- We are happy to listen to your conversation and share our professional expertise.
EXISTING AND NEW MEDICAL CONDITIONS
- It is the responsibility of the client to keep the craniosacral therapist informed of any medical treatment currently being taken, and to provide written permission from the physician, chiropractor, physical therapist, etc., that the sessions may be continued.
- The client must also keep the craniosacral therapist informed of any changes in health conditions.
- For clients undergoing chemo and radiation therapies - Please note that we require a doctor’s note that states the doctor is aware of and agrees to the desired treatment.
If you have any questions on the above information,
please call at 737-222-0440.